Thursday, January 17, 2008

Never Trust a Fart

Yesterday I was in meetings all day. At some point during the day there was a short break and I headed for the John. When I pulled up to the urinal a guy I know, and who is also in this all day meeting, was in the urinal to my left. As I began to drain the lizard I let loose this large volume of gas that had been pestering me for over an hour. The sudden release of this large volume of pent up gases produced a flatulence that was nearly ear-splitting in volume. This caused no visible or audible reaction in my bathroom partner. I, on the other hand, was physically unable to prevent snickering and chuckling of the juvenile variety which are often evoked in young men as the result of such emanations. It was this loss of composure, and not the causal fart that produced in me some degree of embarrassment. This embarrassment only increased as my attempts to suppress the chuckling served to increase its desire to erupt. I am 4.

No comments: